President Donald Trump’s approval rating has ticked up during the coronavirus pandemic, with 48 percent of registered voters saying he’s done a good job according to a Fox News poll released Thursday.
Fifty-one percent of voters disapprove of the job Trump is doing.
Last month, Trump’s rating was 47 approval, 52 disapproval. His best marks were in February when he had a net positive rating by one point (48-47).
When asked specifically about Trump’s response to the coronavirus outbreak, 51 percent of voters said they approve, and 46 percent said they disapprove.
The poll also found:
- 31 percent approve of the job Congress is doing, a five-point jump from February. compared with 54 percent who disapprove.
- 40 percent think the U.S. economy will get worse during the next year, compared with 37 percent who think it will get better
- 67 percent are feeling more anxious about the nation’s economy today, compared with 25 percent who said they feel more confident
- 80 percent are concerned about the nation’s economy, 76 percent are concerned about health care, 65 percent are concerned about the stock market and 57 percent are concerned about being able to pay their bills
- 70 percent said they were very concerned about the spread of coronavirus in the U.S.
The poll, conducted March 21-24, includes interviews with 1,011 randomly chosen registered voters nationwide who spoke with live interviewers on both landlines and cellphones. It has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points for all registered voters.
© 2020 Newsmax. All rights reserved.