OpsLens

‘Deeply grateful’: Tulsi Gabbard leaving Trump administration June 30 * WorldNetDaily * by Bob Unruh

Source link

Tulsi Gabbard

Tulsi Gabbard, the firebrand who has served diligently as President Donald Trump’s Director of National Intelligence, has announced her resignation.

Her explanation is that her husband recently was diagnosed with a rare cancer and she is leaving to be by his side.

Fox reported her husband, Abraham, has an “extremely rare form of bone cancer.”

She notified the president of her decision during an Oval Office meeting on Friday and her last day is expected to be June 30.

Fox News Digital said it got a copy of her letter to Trump, which stated she is “deeply grateful for the trust you placed in me and for the opportunity to lead the Office of the Director of National Intelligence for the last year and a half.”

She continued, “Unfortunately, I must submit my resignation, effective June 30, 2026. My husband, Abraham, has recently been diagnosed with an extremely rare form of bone cancer.”

She said because of the challenges he will face, “I must step away from public service to be by his side and fully support him through this battle.”

She continued, “Abraham has been my rock throughout our eleven years of marriage — standing steadfast through my deployment to East Africa on a Joint Special Operations mission, multiple political campaigns and now my service in this role. His strength and love have sustained me through every challenge. I cannot in good conscience ask him to face this fight alone while I continue in this demanding and time-consuming position.”

As DNI she has worked to reshape the Intelligence Community, which had been weaponized by Barack Obama and Joe Biden administrations against their political foes.

She cut agency staff, saving taxpayers $700 million a year, and eliminated socially progressive DEI ideologies.

She also has declassified literally file cabinets of secret records.

Trump reacted to the news on social media Friday:

The president also posted a copy of Gabbard’s resignation letter:

Bob Unruh

Bob Unruh joined WND in 2006 after nearly three decades with the Associated Press, as well as several Upper Midwest newspapers, where he covered everything from legislative battles and sports to tornadoes and homicidal survivalists. He is currently a news editor for the WND News Center, and also a photographer whose scenic work has been used commercially. Read more of Bob Unruh’s articles here.